Yoga Pants Size Guide: How to Choose the Right Fit and Length for Your Body Shape and Size
Yoga pants are the ultimate combination of comfort and style. Not only do they offer a range of benefits for your yoga practice, but they also make great lounge wear and casual wear. However, choosing the right size of yoga pants can be tricky, especially if you're not familiar with the different types of fits and styles available. In this blog post, we'll explore how to choose the right size of yoga pants for your body shape and size.
Understanding The Different Types Of Yoga Pants Fits
Before we dive into choosing the right size of yoga pants, it's essential to understand the different types of fits available. Here are the three most common types of yoga pants fits:
1. Compression fit: Compression fit yoga pants are designed to fit snugly against your body, providing support and compression to your muscles. They are typically made from a blend of spandex and nylon or polyester and are ideal for high-intensity workouts.
2. Straight fit: Straight fit yoga pants are designed to have a looser fit than compression fit pants. They are usually made from cotton or a cotton blend and offer a comfortable and relaxed fit.
3. Bootcut fit: Bootcut fit yoga pants are similar to straight fit pants but have a slight flare at the bottom, creating a bootcut shape. They are designed to fit snugly through the hips and thighs and offer a looser fit around the calf and ankle.
Choosing The Right Size Of Yoga Pants For Your Body Shape
Now that you understand the different types of yoga pants fits, it's time to choose the right size for your body shape.
Here are some tips to help you choose the right size of yoga pants:
1. Measure your waist and hips: The first step in choosing the right size of yoga pants is to measure your waist and hips. Use a measuring tape to measure around the narrowest part of your waist and the widest part of your hips. Make sure the tape is snug but not too tight.
2. Use a size chart: Once you have your waist and hip measurements, use a size chart to determine your size. Different brands may have slightly different size charts, so make sure to check the size chart for the brand you're interested in. If you're between sizes, it's usually best to size up for comfort.
3. Consider your body shape: Different body shapes may require different sizes of yoga pants. If you have a curvy figure, you may need to size up to ensure the pants fit comfortably around your hips and thighs. If you have a straighter figure, you may be able to size down for a more snug fit.
4. Try them on: If possible, try on the yoga pants before you buy them. This will give you a better idea of how they fit and whether you need to size up or down. If you're buying online, make sure to check the brand's return policy in case the pants don't fit as expected.
5. Consider the fabric: The fabric of the yoga pants can also affect the fit. Compression fit pants will usually feel tighter than straight or bootcut fit pants, even if they are the same size. If you're not used to compression fit pants, you may want to try a size up to ensure a comfortable fit.
Tips For Choosing The Right Length Of Yoga Pants
Once you've chosen the right size of yoga pants, it's time to consider the length. Here are some tips to help you choose the right length of yoga pants:
1. Consider the style of yoga: The length of your yoga pants may depend on the style of yoga you practice. If you practice hot yoga, you may prefer shorter pants to stay cool. If you practice restorative or yin yoga, you may prefer longer pants for added warmth and comfort.
2. Consider your height: Your height may also play a role in choosing the right length of yoga pants. If you're taller, you may need to look for pants with a longer inseam to avoid the pants riding up during your practice. If you're shorter, you may prefer cropped pants to avoid the excess fabric bunching up around your ankles.
3. Consider your personal style: Your personal style may also influence the length of your yoga pants. If you prefer a more traditional look, you may prefer full-length pants. If you prefer a more modern look, you may prefer cropped or capri pants.
4. Try them on: As with choosing the right size, trying on the pants before you buy them is the best way to ensure the right length. Make sure to move around and practice some yoga poses in the pants to ensure they don't ride up or feel uncomfortable.
Tips For Caring For Your Yoga Pants
Once you've chosen the right size and length of yoga pants, it's essential to care for them properly to ensure they last. Here are some tips for caring for your yoga pants:
1. Wash them inside out: To prevent pilling and fading, wash your yoga pants inside out. This will also help to protect any logos or graphics on the pants.
2. Wash them in cold water: Washing your yoga pants in cold water will help to preserve the fabric and prevent shrinking. Avoid using fabric softeners, as they can clog the fabric's pores and affect the breath-ability of the pants.
3. Hang dry or tumble dry on low: Avoid using a high heat setting to dry your yoga pants, as this can damage the fabric and affect the fit. Instead, hang them to dry or tumble dry on a low heat setting.
4. Store them properly: To avoid stretching or misshaping, store your yoga pants flat or folded, rather than hanging them on a hanger. Make sure they are fully dry before storing them to prevent mildew or mold growth.
In conclusion, choosing the right size and length of yoga pants is essential for both comfort and style. By following the tips outlined in this blog post, you can find the perfect pair of yoga pants to suit your body shape and size. Remember to also care for your yoga pants properly to ensure they last and continue to provide you with comfort and style for your yoga practice and beyond. Happy shopping and practicing!
Shop yoga pants at Rad Hippie Shop now!